Reveela Technolgies Limited
Role: Data Scientist & Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: £30,000-£36,000 per annum depending upon specialisms
Working as part of an agile team, you will be involved in expanding and developing advanced methodologies & data analytics for a next generation publishing ecosystem that facilitates collaboration between Publishers, Journalists and the Business Community by applying artificial intelligence (Natural Language Processing) and machine learning. Further background can be sought here: https://vimeo.com/371641177
Given the project involves behaviour analysis, as well as a large amount of data analysis, modelling of decision making and data interpretation; an ability to critically interpret results and experience of experimentation, modelling and data analysis is essential.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Building & optimizing a range of complex classifiers using machine learning & statistical techniques.
- Collaborate with other system engineers to build data and model pipelines
- Manage the infrastructure and data pipelines needed to bring code to production
- Demonstrate end-to-end understanding of applications (including, but not limited to, the machine learning algorithms) being created
- Build algorithms based on statistical modelling procedures and build and maintain scalable machine learning solutions in production
- Use data modelling and evaluation strategy to find patterns and predict unseen instances
- Apply machine learning algorithms and libraries
- Lead on software engineering and software design with UX team.
- Communicate and explain complex processes to stakeholders who are not programming experts
- Liaise with stakeholders to analyse business problems, clarify requirements and define the scope of the resolution needed
- Analyse expansive, complex datasets to extract insights and decide on the appropriate technique
- Research and implement best practices to improve the existing machine learning infrastructure
- Provide support to engineers and product managers in implementing machine learning in the product.
- You’ll be working with multifaceted systems, requiring you to have a high level of concentration and attention to detail.
- Testing and evaluating data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for any context.
- Handling systems architecture with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud)
Skills, Experience and Education Required
- A PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related discipline is needed for this interdisciplinary job role.
- Experience of using both MySQL and No SQL databases (MongoDB/Elastic Search)
- Highly competent in using Python
- Experience of exploratory data analysis
- The ability to work within a highly skilled team, adding value through idea generation & implementation.
- Must be proactive about technology horizon scanning and willing to go the extra make to make a difference to the world through the real-world application of technological solutions.
Exceptional fun working environment
25 days annual holiday
Attractive benefits package Including Health insurance
NOTE: Applicants MUST have a valid UK visa