We’re looking for a
DevOps Linux Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Cloud Engineering and Automation, and working with our operations support and engineering teams, this Dublin-based role will be responsible for our Linux-based application. The successful candidate will automate and streamline operations and development processes and will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and support.
What you will do
- Transition the on-premises Linux environment to the cloud with the goal of establishing an orchestrated Infrastructure that is secure, scalable and cloud agnostic.
- Work closely with business stakeholders, providing recommendations and solutions to meet their requirements.
- Work closely with the Development team to develop an intimate understanding of their pain points and continually improve the development workflow.
- Design and build a process to empower the team to build, test and provision cloud infrastructure and release code to staging and production autonomously using tools such as Terraform, Ansible and Packer.
- Add, improve and maintain the Terraform, Ansible and Bash source code stored in our central repositories as well as our Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Design and implement logging, monitoring and alerting solutions, increasing systems visibility and enabling faster recovery from incidents.
- Troubleshoot and debug infrastructure, network and operating system issues.
- Be an active participant on our Scrum team.
What you require for the role
Proven experience working with most of the following:
- Operating Systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, CentOS)
- Configuration management tools such as: Ansible, Puppet, or Chef (Ansible Preferred)
- Containerization – Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Python, Bash, Node.js
- VMware Virtualized environments
- CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- System administration, including security management, OS installation and patching, user management and system monitoring
- Knowledge of Terraform for building infrastructure as code, both in Azure and VMware
- Knowledge of Azure networking architectures such as VNETS. NSGs and Load Balancers would be an advantage.
- Dedication to making a difference in a rapid-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to foster an environment for healthy collaboration
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Understanding of configuration and change management
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills