Here at Playco, we make games that bring the world closer together through play.
Our ideal teammates are thoughtful, humble, and passionate professionals who can both zoom into the details and zoom out to embrace the big picture. We are inspired by makers and tinkerers, who are unafraid to experiment with a healthy disregard for constraints. We hope you’ll enrich our team with your enthusiasm and passion, both for games and for life.
- Lead a team of highly skilled engineers to deliver polished features on a consistent basis in a high pace environment. We deploy code multiple times a day to millions of users across the world.
- Manage the development and deployment processes – make sure that the features are shipped optimally and product stays healthy once they hit production.
- Design, review and write code — this is a hands-on engineering role and you will be directly involved in the design and development of new features, writing and reviewing code.
Insist on the highest standards and create functional and engaging features that will delight our users.
- Provide mentorship and feedback to teammates to make your team the best version of itself. Motivate and encourage everyone to give their best work.
- Report to the executive producer of the specific project.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience.
- Experience managing a team of engineers.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- Attention to detail – any code that makes it into the product will affect millions of users immediately.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures.
- Self starter, analytical and creative.
- Solid familiarity with analytics and A/B testing in mobile games.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in – production.
- Familiarity with git, svn or other VCS.
- Expert knowledge of NodeJS and TypeScript.
- Experience in game development and shipped titles.