We’re looking for a
Python Software Engineer
Reporting to the Global Software Development Manager, this Dublin-based role will further strengthen our team as we draw on powerful analytics and our in-depth experience to provide superior underwriting and investment value for our clients and shareholders.
What you will do
- Architect and develop high quality scalable solutions, with a full stack approach.
- Take ownership, develop new ideas and solutions and generate results
which help our users and the other members of the development team.
- Design and architect our internal API to support the business in portfolio aggregation and reporting.
- Bring automation within software teams on a daily basis using scripting techniques and adoption of tooling to continue to remove manual processes in the Software Development Lifecyle (SDLC).
- Analyze and improve reliability, security, and performance of all technology applications, databases and infrastructure.
- Develop consumer-grade applications that can scale in a global environment and improve test coverage of existing codebases
- Ensure team is following standard methodologies for development using agile processes.
- Help to drive a team culture of continuous development.
What you require for the role
- Demonstrable relevant work experience in software development or in academic / technical field, regardless of language/technology
- Strong knowledge of Python 3
- Strong knowledge of Docker and at least one cluster orchestration platform
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structure
- Experience using Git in a team environment
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools
- Autonomy, analytical mindset and problem solving abilities supported by best practices in coding
- Willingness to work full-stack with transitions between technologies and languages
- Familiarity with agile and software development lifecycle including design, build, code review, testing, release and bug fixing.