We’re looking for a
Senior DevOps Engineer
Reporting to the Head of Cloud Engineering &Automation and based in Dublin, this role will be responsible for automating and streamlining operations as well as development processes. Working with a knowledgeable team of engineers and management. you’ll build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
What you will help us do
- Oversee the transition of the on-premises infrastructure into the cloud with the goal of having an orchestrated infrastructure as code architecture that is secure, scalable and cloud agnostic.
- Provide oversight, mentorship and technical leadership to a small team of DevOps engineers as they develop products and services.
- Design and implement blue/green deployment strategy for our critical production systems.
- Add, improve and maintain the Terraform PowerShell source code as well as our Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Create custom virtual machine (VM) images for both VMware and Azure using Packer.
- Be an active participant on our scrum team.
- Automate, build and release manual activities that will help the IT Dev Ops teams to operate more effectively, ensuring the necessary documentation for the teams to operate and maintain products.
- Collaborate with the DevOps teams to plan and execute system changes (e.g. security and audit controls).
What you require for the role
Proven experience working with most of the following:
- Building both IaaS and PaaS platforms using Terraform
- Azure Cloud Services
- Azure DevOps – CI/CD pipelines
- Building custom VM images using Packer
- PowerShell scripting
- Test automation
- Containerization – Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Azure Networking
- Knowledge of Log Analytics, Microsoft Security Center and Sentinel would be an advantage.
- Experience in designing and architecting complex environments and the SDLC methodology.
- Understanding of configuration and change management
- Proven and demonstrable experience in participating in a highly effective scrum team.
- Dedicated to making a difference in a rapid-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, whilst acting as a mentor to more junior members of the team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and organization skills