BASF Digital Farming GmbH
Agriculture is all about balance. The balance that is crucial to everyone’s existence – also applies to our Agricultural Solutions division. We connect innovative thinking with practical action to find the right balance for success – for farmers, agriculture and future generations. With seeds and traits, crop protection and digital solutions, we help farmers produce food more efficiently, protect the land and meet the needs of society.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Digital Farming mobile applications engineering team to develop and establish our service offerings successfully in the market.
- You will drive the development and operations of applications and features from end-to-end using native and cross-platform technologies.
- Furthermore, you will ensure a smooth technical realization of Digital Farming business requirements by applying established methods and tools.
- You will participate in all phases of the product governance and development life cycle, through requirements gathering and definition, architecture as well as design, development, roll-out and post release.
- Moreover, will be a part of technical decision making and you will collaborate closely with other competency centers in Digital Farming such as the R&D, Data, Agronomy and Commercial Operations team.
- In addition, you will support development process by laying down specifications and clarifications for other team members and ensure code quality through code reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer or natural sciences, engineering, mathematics or related fields and several years of professional experience
- Work experience in software development and profound knowledge in mobile development for data driven, customer facing IT-solutions ideally on a global enterprise scale
- Expertise in Swift, Xcode, Java or Kotlin and optionally in C# and Xamarin.Forms with Microsoft Visual Studio for cross-platform development
- Good architecture skills for combined mobile app solutions with backend integration (REST APIs or/and GraphQL) and good understanding of usability patterns
- Fluent in English, German or a second foreign language would be a benefit
- Excellent communication, analytical and intercultural skills as well as willingness to follow trends and learn new ways to build software
- This position can be exercised full or part-time.
- Development discussions and programs so that you can reach your full potential.
- International assignments where you will build networks and experience different cultures.
- An attractive competitive salary that is based on the company’s success and your individual performance.
- Health and wellbeing programs to help you achieve better health and work-life balance.
- Flexible work arrangements so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Your contribution to a sustainable future because sustainability lies at the heart of everything we do and is a driver of growth.
- Onboarding to help you settle in quickly, ensuring you are part of the BASF team from day one.
Apply now by using the application form!
Do you have any questions about the application process or the position?
Ms. Katja Emich (Talent Acquisition) Phone no.: +49 (0)30 2005 58810
Please note that we do not return paper applications including folders. Please submit copies only and no original documents.
Cooperation with recruitment agencies is not accepted.
BASF Digital Farming GmbH stands for a modern agricultural sector. We are making agriculture smarter and simpler. Our digital solutions allow for fields to be constantly analysed at the field-zone level so that farmers learn more about their crops every day and crop production can be taken to the next level. Our work is equally as innovative as our products: we have a global network and work with agile methodologies in a start-up atmosphere. Join our team! Learn more about BASF Digital Farming GmbH at www.xarvio.com
At BASF, the chemistry is right. Because we are counting on innovative solutions, on sustainable actions, and on connected thinking. And on you. Become a part of our formula for success and develop the future with us – in a global team that embraces diversity and equal opportunities irrespective of gender, age, origin, sexual orientation, disability or belief.