Sr. Backend Developer — Fully Remote!!
Salary range – $60,000 – $120,000 per year
This is an exciting opportunity for a truly experienced Sr. Backend Developer from any programming language background, to join a growing fully-distributed engineering team that develops a full-stack B2B fintech product.
We are looking for hard-core Backend engineers with a passion for building distributed data-processing systems. The perfect candidate will have a very strong computer-science background, with lots of experience in building scalable Backend systems in general and for data-processing in particular. Node.js and PHP are great, but you need to bring to the table production experience with at least one additional programming language (C#, Java, Python, Golang, C++, etc.). You need to be able to simplify complex problems to their essence and to be a self-driven individual. Our current Backend stack is Python (Django) and most of our new code is being written in Golang while we are looking at Rust as a potential next step.
- Design, build and maintain super interesting distributed and scalable data-processing systems
- Participate in the product development process from start to finish, from scoping projects to measuring their success and iterating based on feedback
- Maintain high engineering and security standards with respect to performance, scalability, and maintainability, and continuously improve our codebases and work processes
- Work with engineers across the company to develop and iterate at scale
You’d be a great fit if you have ❤️
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role with at least 4 years as a full-time Backend developer
- Experience in building and scaling data-intensive web applications
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- An internal drive to take responsibility and ownership over core product areas
- Proficiency in using Python and Golang (but if you are really good, we will assume that you can learn those)
E* xperience in building distributed data processing systems (not by using SPARK/HADOOP), but rather building SPARK/HADOOP like systems
Bonus points if you have
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science/distributed systems
- experience in dealing with high-scale systems
*experience working at startup companies
- experience working in distributed teams and work environments
See the full job description on our website…