One of inLab’s core strengths is its micro-production model (MPM) that encompasses quests, bounties, and builds. This model encourages collaborative efforts and is the driving force behind the platform’s problem-solving and innovative pursuits. If you’re looking to be a part of this dynamic system, here’s how you can contribute or initiate.
Quests in inLab are essentially challenges or problems that need solutions. They are often posed by organizations, researchers, or even inLab community members.
- Identifying a Quest:
- Can originate from current global challenges, unsolved research questions, or a specific need within a sector.
- Example: An NGO wants to find sustainable methods to provide clean water in remote areas.
- Initiating a Quest:
- Navigate to the ‘Quests’ section on inLab’s platform.
- Click on ‘Initiate a Quest’ and fill out the details, providing as much clarity and context as possible.
- The quest will be reviewed by inLab’s team for feasibility and clarity before publishing.
- Contributing to a Quest:
- Browse available quests, and if one aligns with your expertise, click on ‘Contribute’.
- Provide your solution or approach. Collaborate with others if needed.
Bounties are rewards set for solutions or significant contributions to existing quests.
- Setting a Bounty:
- Identify a quest that you think deserves special attention or is of high priority.
- Specify the reward amount and any specific criteria for winning the bounty.
- Example: A tech company offers a significant bounty for anyone who can come up with a novel algorithm to optimize their data processing.
- Claiming a Bounty:
- If you’ve provided a solution that meets the criteria of a bounty, you can claim it upon successful review of your contribution.
Builds are collaborative projects aimed at realizing the solutions proposed for quests. It’s where ideas turn into actionable results.
Ensuring Quality and Compliance:
- Proposing a Build:
- Once a solution to a quest is identified and gains traction, propose a ‘Build’ to actualize it.
- Detail the resources, timeline, collaborators, and expected outcomes.
- Example: After identifying a new clean energy method, a team proposes a ‘Build’ to create a prototype.
- Joining a Build:
- Navigate to the ‘Builds’ section.
- Browse ongoing builds and click ‘Join’ on those that align with your skills or interest.
- Collaborate with the team, contribute your expertise, and drive the project towards its goals.
- All quests, bounties, and builds are subject to review by inLab’s committees.
- It ensures that they align with the platform’s standards and objectives.
Whether you’re looking to challenge the community with a pressing issue, incentivize solutions with bounties, or turn ideas into tangible projects through builds, inLab provides a comprehensive and collaborative environment. By understanding and navigating these features, you can play a pivotal role in the platform’s mission of addressing global challenges and pioneering innovative solutions.